The 65th ROK Armed Forces DayEnglish 2013.06.21 14:39
The 65th ROK Armed Forces Day (1 October)
Prelude (July - September)
● Increase public interest
※ Cultural and sport events, advertising campaigns
Main Event (1 October)
● Opening: "United with the People"
※ Concerts and video clips
● Main ceremony: "Always Loyal"
※ Presidential review of troops, congratulatory address
● Closing: "Guardian of Peace"
※ HALO jump, martial arts demonstration, air show
● Parade: "The Walk Together"
● Open events for the general public
※ Military equipment and materiel exhibitions across Seoul (around 1 October)
※ Musical THE PROMISE showing (26 September - 6 October)
※ Army: Ground Forces Festival (2-6 October)
※ Navy: Marine Week 2013 (October)
※ Air Force: air show (25-27 October), ADEX (29 October - 3 November)
ROK Armed Forces Day History
The Republic of Korea celebrates Armed Forces Day annually on 1 October. It commemorates the founding of ROK armed forces and honors the brave men and women in uniform who served their country in times of both war and peace.
● January 1946 : The national guard is created, followed by each armed service's birthday.
※ Army Day (2 October), Navy Day (11 November), Air Force Day (1 October)
● September 1956 : 1 October is designated as Armed Forces Day.
※ commemorates the advance by ROK 3ID across the 38th parallel during the Korean War
※ elevated to the status of a national event
● April 1993 : marks the beginning of a quinquennial celebration of Armed Forces Day in conjunction with the inauguration of a new President.
'English' 카테고리의 다른 글
|The Republic of South Africa's Key Actions During the Entry Into the Korean War (1)||2013.07.01|
|Thailand's Main Activity during the Korean War (30)||2013.07.01|
|The 65th ROK Armed Forces Day (1)||2013.06.21|
|Upcoming Events (0)||2013.06.21|
|The Birth of ROK-US Alliance (0)||2013.06.21|
|The 60th Anniversary of the Korean War Armistice Agreement (2)||2013.06.21|